Kitchen Porter, St Austell
Responsible to the Head Chef & Home Manager
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
The post holder is part of the Kitchen team. He/she is required to provide a clean, safe and welcoming environment to enable the kitchen and the Home to function effectively.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation of high quality food.
- Clean areas as detailed in the work schedule.
- Assist with the service meals.
- Clear up/wash up after meals.
- Ensure Food Hygiene and Health & Safety recommendations are complied with.
- Advise the Cook of any concerns in relation to Security.
- Undertake any such duties as may reasonably be requested
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters relating to residents including their care and welfare, as set out in the Confidentiality Policy. Failure to comply may result in disciplinary action.
- Report any malfunction of equipment or fittings that require maintenance or cannot be kept to standard through normal cleaning procedures.
In addition to the above, there are some general requirements that apply to all jobs in the Care Home:
- Take responsibility for the safeguarding of adults, and follow the Service’s whistleblowing policy as required.
- Participate in staff meetings as required
- Participate in training activities as required
- Participate in quality assurance systems as required
- All duties must be carried out to comply with:
- Notification of accidents and other Health and Safety requirements
- Statutory legislation, in particular COSHH and Hygiene regulations
- Nationally and locally agreed Codes of Good Practice
- Fire Precautions
- Equal opportunity principles and the Service’s anti discriminatory policy.
- To undertake any other duties within the scope of this job description, at your normal place of work or at any other of the Services establishments
Health and Safety
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of anybody else who may be affected by your acts or omissions.